Weight Loss Is Cut & Dry - Why Is It So Hard To Lose?
Weight Loss is pretty easy Eat the right amount (calories in) of the right kinds of foods (quality calories), have the right amount of physical activity (calories burned) and you will either lose weight or maintain weight. This is common information found everywhere. Yet, so many overweight people are still overweight? Why does our country continue to increase in obesity? Why is it so hard to lose weight?
Weight Loss Motivation Is Lacking
It is hard to stay motivated to lose weight; especially if the people around you are not supportive of your weight loss goals. Plus, obtaining your ideal weight is more than just losing weight ... it is about making healthy lifestyle changes that will permit you to accomplish long term weight loss and health goals. With this in mind, I decided to start a list with reasons why I want to lose weight. I see people posting bucket lists on their blogs, so this is my version of this as well as my "WHY" to remind me along the way,
Why Do You Want To Lose Weight?
1) I want to look and feel as good as I did at my target weight.
2) I want to be my healthiest; for now and when I get old.
3) I want to be an example to my children. I do not want them to be fat and unhealthy.
4) I want to be an example to other people and support with their weight and health issues.
5) I want to learn how to run again.
6) I want to feel comfortable walking in my swimsuit without a cover up.
7) I want to keep my blood pressure down and not get diabetes.
This is a personal blog post, so that I can stay motivated by adding on as I move forward in losing weight and becoming more fit. I can't wait to look back and see what I have accomplished because most of all, I find extreme satisfaction in accomplishing my goals.
BTW, I started a Weight Loss Support Group at Facebook and welcome you to join me. You can share you list there or any other applicable information for the members. The goal is to accomplish are personal weight loss goals and help others do the same!
I look forward to meeting you there :)